Friday, January 2, 2009

Transition through 2 cities or 2 different lifes

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
-Marcel Proust

Traveling is one of the hobbies which I acquired after my college days. Not intentionally but job add a lot to it, because to find something interesting to spend time during weekend was the motive which helped me search new creative time spending ways.

I enjoyed a lot during most of my visits to different places in southern India. Reason why I enjoy such unplanned visits is well explained by this quote : "The longest journey a man must take is the eighteen inches from his head to his heart".

Being in a city where people from northern India don't want to come (Chennai) for almost 2 years has being a great stay. Now with new year, I am in new city (Bangalore) where every north indian want to stay, but since 2 days I am not enjoying the place (don't know why). May be because I went into a comfort zone in chennai, each and every part of chennai was explored by me and Chennai was almost a second home to me. "Namma Chennai" was on our tongue every time. A bunch of friends who enjoyed each moment of chennai stay. Now new city-new aspirations, new flat-new flatmate, new job-new colleagues, new roads-new buses, new traffic- new traffic rules, new food-new restuarants.

I have entered this new city which absorb each and everyone who arrives here with open arms. But I am having an unwanted desire of going back home may be because of the swadesh song "Yeh jo desh hai tera, tujhko pukare".

A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.
-George Moore

But I know, even if I want to go back, it is not in my hand. Let the journey continue and the voyage of vasco de gama to explore the world too continue. As I am learning a lot about cultures and different cities.

Experience, travel - these are as education in themselves
-Euripides

3 comments:

  1. Hey even i want to run away from home to explore the world
    let's see if i return to home to find the same or not

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing remains same...change is the only constant...

    ReplyDelete